June 26, 2023
CHICAGO, June 8, 2023 — Littelfuse, Inc., (NASDAQ: LFUS), a diversified, industrial engineering manufacturing corporation empowering a sustainable, linked, and safer earth, has released its NEMA-design and style Surge Protective Machine (SPDN) series to safeguard equipment from transient overvoltage situations lasting micro-seconds and help mitigate high priced harm and downtime. Its smaller bundle, with much more immediate modes of safety, makes it excellent for locations with constrained place. The exterior panel mount is readily available for 120V to 480V nominal voltage sub-distribution board apps in design, food and beverage, HVAC/R, oil and fuel, mild industrial and h2o/wastewater industries.
“The SPDN surge defense equipment involve a lot more immediate modes of protection this sort of as line to neutral, line to floor, and neutral to floor depending on product variety,” mentioned Augusto Sanchez, Littelfuse Industrial Enterprise Product or service Manager. “With extra immediate modes of security in a compact footprint, the SPDN optimizes room and delivers price efficiencies enhancing panel design and style flexibility.”
The SPDN collection (SPDN-A, SPDN-B, SPDN-C and SPDN-D) solution functions incorporate:
- Far more direct modes of protection in a smaller bundle, raising defense and structure overall flexibility
- UL 1283 filtering allows mitigate results on electrical power provides by decreasing zero crossings in the course of ringing transients to avert interference on performance or unsafe circumstances (SPDN-A only)
- Functionality to clamp and stand up to higher-power transients assures reduced-residual voltage all through significant-energy events and better nominal discharge existing to protect against disruption, downtime and degradation or hurt to equipment
- Stacked Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) style and design supplies more substantial-transient voltage security in a compact, multi-layered structure
- Set up on the line or load facet of the circuit breaker to simplify upkeep by turning breaker off for the duration of maintenance (SPDN-A installs on the load facet only)
- Thermally protected MOV removes catastrophic failure
- External LED indicator promptly identifies company prerequisites to prevent decline of defense
- Compact footprint features quick retrofit in current programs where by room is restricted
For more facts check out: Littelfuse.com/SPDN
Littelfuse (NASDAQ: LFUS) is a diversified, industrial engineering producing firm empowering a sustainable, linked, and safer planet. Throughout more than 20 nations, and with about 18,000 international associates, we husband or wife with shoppers to style and design and provide modern, trustworthy methods. Serving over 100,000 finish buyers, our products are discovered in a wide variety of industrial, transportation and electronics stop markets — in all places, every single working day. Find out far more at Littelfuse.com.